Why you should think about Upgrading your site from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.5 ?
There are many reasons for doing this which includes
- Joomla 3.5 is more secure
- Joomla 3.5 is fast as compared to Joomla 2.5
- The admin panel of Joomla 3.5 is Responsive
- Joomla 3.5 uses the latest technologies
If all this is not enough- here is the biggest reason to upgrade- JOOMLA 2.5 Support has ended on 31st DEC, 2014.
What Deligence Technologies can do for you ?
We will need your site URL and list of 3rd party extensions used and list of customization done to the site and then we'll come up with a detailed plan along with the timeline and cost of the project.
The followings are the steps that we usually take to upgrade a website-
- If we need to create a new design for the site - we do that, get the new design approved by you, and then create a Responsive template based on the design.
- We take a copy of your site and set it up on our local machine and then we'll upgrade it which includes the upgrade of Core Joomla, template, 3rd party extensions. We do the customization that was done previously and the new one (if you have any new requirement).
- Then we set it up on a test server. We prefer to use our server as a test server, but if you prefer- we can set the test site on your server.
- You can keep the track of the progress and can review our work from this test server.
- Our QA team remains involved in the project from beginning, and once the upgrade is complete, they test the site completely and then we ask you to review the site.
- Once you are satisfied- we create a plan to make the new site live.
- We take care of the changes made to the site during this process- like new content added, new users added, content modification. We do make these changes to the new site and then decide a date to make the site live. We prefer to make the site like during your off hours and off days.
- We take a new backup of your live site and then put the new site on your live server.