Posted on July 29, 2020 by Apeksha Khanna | Blog | Total Hits :
Setting up an eCommerce store is an increasingly popular way of making money online. Customers prefer getting products and services at the comfort of their home over visiting a physical store. And even those who go to stores, use mobile apps for reviews and price comparison. So to say that e-commerce apps are the future of businesses is true.
Currently, the eCommerce App economy is worth USD 3.7 trillion. The numbers sound intriguing, right? but it doesn’t guarantee every app will be successful in the market.
For an application to become successful, it requires a lot of planning to maintain the balance between the App Efficiency and comfort to use the technology.
mCommerce mobile apps have a wide range of products and a convenience of comparing those products. When developing an ecommerce app, key importance should be given to user experience, app designing and security.
There are various aspects for a conversion-centric eCommerce App development, which we will discuss later in the blog
Let’s first look at how to develop an eCommerce App in a few steps.
How to develop eCommerce Application?
Developing an eCommerce App or say mCommerce is not short and easy. It required complex planning however we are summing up the whole planning and development process in a few steps:
1. Identify your niche. The first step of building any type of mCommerce is to identify your niche. Choose which category products you want to sell on your virtual store. Not just this, identify where your target audience is located.
2. Select mobile App platform for eCommerce App development. Once you know your niche, it is important to understand where your audience is digitally located. What devices are they using? iOS app development, Android app development, Windows app development, etc. are the device platforms. Check which of the platform has a larger user base. Depending on your model, choose your platform. Make sure you develop an app which is compatible with all versions of devices.
3. Plan Essential Features. Plan features that make online shopping a rich experience for users. For instance, Social Media login, Product search with navigation, Ratings and reviews system, multiple payment methods, product tracking etc.
4. Design the mobile Application. Create a user flow and based on it, design visually appealing widgets. Use simple animation as well as the clear font. The design should be simple yet engaging to users. It should not make features appear complex to users.
5. App Development and Testing. Develop your app and check that all the core functionalities are added. Test the app to make sure it does not have any bug or error before you make it live.
6. App Launch and Marketing. Launch your app on App stores and do pre-launch and post-launch marketing. The promotion of the app will bring your customers.
Now, that we have discussed the process of eCommerce App development. Let’s see things to consider when developing an eCommerce App.
Things to Consider During eCommerce Mobile Application Development
1. eCommerce Business goals
Before you jump into developing an app, be clear of your business goals. Now here’s a thing, many entrepreneurs create eCommerce App clones and forget that what worked for them will not work for you. Tracking your competitor is good, but you need to create an app which serves your business purpose. So, be very clear of your business goals and ask the question ‘How’ your app will be the solution to many? The goal-setting will be done right by figuring out “how” will it solve the purpose.
The purpose of your app maybe:
- Increasing the average user’s order size
- Increasing categories
- Serving a niche market
- Delivering unique content
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Providing a personalized experience to visitors
- Fast payment processing
Whatever it is, understand what problem you want to solve, set your goals on it, and target your audience.
2. Simple UI and UX Design:
No matter how advanced your app is if it can’t make the shopping process easy, it is of no use. Understand user journey maps and create a user flow. User flow is how the user will navigate through your app. Once you have created a clear app structure and flow, start designing the UI. Make sure the design is simple, yet keep users engaged for long hours.
When it comes to developing an application, one of the most important thing is to choose the right technology. Many Entrepreneurs request to make an app like Amazon, but they forget that the product is unique and has different requirements. And to meet those varying requirements, you have to use a combination of technologies to develop a great app.
Take the help of your development team or hire an app developer who knows what technology would be best for your app. Include new technologies also to enhance your app functionality. Chatbot technologies to manage customer interactions, Virtual Reality/ Augmented reality to have real experiences of products and services and cloud computing.
4. Personalised Experiences:
To offer personalised experiences to users, let them create their private profiles to explore and engage with the app as they want. The user profiles allow you to send personalised notifications on deals and offers.
5. Social Media Integration:
Social media integration has enhanced app logins. Nobody likes to fill a long-form. So, social media integration eliminates the long signing in process and also provide the details of users. Shoppers can also easily share your product and services on their platforms and can connect with you there.
A lot of cyber thefts have put the security of an online user on a question. Right from the users’ personal details to credit card information is available on the eCommerce App. Thus, it is essential to test your app safety and security protocols to manage large userbase data. Make sure the payments gateways are safe to purchase online and are not hacked by cyber thieves.
7. Easy Checkouts:
Make in-app payments smooth and easier. Offer multiple payment options to customers like mobile wallets, credit/ debit cards, UPIs and cash on delivery.
Find a Talented Team of Developers
App development does not happen every day so make sure you hire talented ecommerce developers who have experience in delivering apps that perform. Make sure you check their experience in technology by reviewing their portfolios and references.
Cost of eCommerce App Development
‘What is the cost of eCommerce App Development?’ - this is one of the most asked questions when outsourcing app development. The cost of development is not fixed for varying factors. To give you a rough ides $10,000 to $60,000 depending on the complexity of the app.
We suggest to choose Quality over Quantity. A good quality app will bring revenue while A poor app only incur loss.
The Bottom Line
As customers are opting virtual stores, it becomes highly important for businesses to create their app user-friendly for rich shopping experience. The above aspects will help you guide through the process but you have to build your own development strategy for your virtual stores. Partner with a good app development company who can create a robust app for you as per your requirements.